Monday, August 10, 2015

Top 100 MOST POPULAR Songs of the 1960's: 100 - 91

Now that I've gone through every individual year of the 1960's, it's time to cap that off by seeing how all of those songs stack together in one giant list that counts down the top 100 songs of the entire decade. I will be posting this list 10 songs at a time over the course of the next 10 days, so this should be fun. If you are new this week, I describe this project and my methodology in each of my yearly top 10 lists, so make sure to check out any or all of those in the blog archive. As pertaining to this decade list, there are a lot of songs that got stuck between the years. I don't account for that on the yearly lists because I go strictly by calendar year only, but I do make up for that here and thus you'll see that some songs ended up a lot higher than certain songs that previously topped them on their corresponding yearly list. Along these lines, I am fair to the songs that get split between the decades as I have included their entire run in the decade where they made the biggest impact. Also, if you've seen every individual year before looking at this list, you should find it interesting to see how the songs from different years stack up as there were some years in the 60's that were really strong and other years that were really weak. Finally, I have provided links at the bottom that should make this easy to browse through or you can just just use the blog archive on the side. Enjoy!

100- "Alley-Oop" - Hollywood Argyles

99- "Mother-in-Law" - Ernie K-Doe

98- "Telstar"  - The Tornadoes

97- "We Can Work it Out" - The Beatles

96- "I Feel Fine" - The Beatles

95- "Wild Thing" - The Troggs

94- "Stop! In the Name of Love" - The Supremes

93- "Hello Goodbye" - The Beatles

92- "My Boyfriend's Back" - The Angels

91- "(You're My) Soul and Inspiration" - The Righteous Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment