Monday, May 15, 2017

Top 100 MOST POPULAR Songs of All-Time: 10 - 1 (as of 2016)

Well friends, family and random citizens reading this post, all good things must eventually come to an end. Two years ago I started a journey to determine what the most popular songs of all-time were based on my own personal system. Today I finally reveal the end results with this list of the top 10 most popular songs of all-time, which spans from the first week of the Billboard Hot 100 in August 1958 through the end of last year, 2016, allowing the songs from last year to finish their runs in the top 10. In the first post in this countdown, I explained this project in depth, so if you missed that, I have that linked right there at the beginning of this sentence. But as a final reminder, this is strictly based on performance in the top 10, with a self-created system in place to adjust things given the constantly changing music scene. If you noticed an all-time classic that didn't make this list, it's worth noting that not every classic song performed well on the Billboard charts and not every song that performed well on the Billboard charts has become an all-time classic. If you missed any part of this countdown, there are links at the bottom that you can follow. You can also use the blog archive on the right to browse through this list or any other post that I've done.

Even though this specific project is now complete, I will still be maintaining this blog, so no worries there. Later this week I will reveal my list of personal favorite all-time Billboard hits and I plan on continuing my weekly analysis of the current Billboard charts for the foreseeable future. Outside that, we'll see what other fun music-related projects I come up with, so I hope you've enjoyed this current project and will continue following me for future projects! With that said, let's check out these top songs!

10- "Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor (1982)


9- "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars (2014)


8- "Bette Davis Eyes" - Kim Carnes (1981)


7- "Endless Love" - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie (1981)


6- "Physical" - Olivia Newton-John (1981)


5- "You Light Up My Life" - Debby Boone (1977)


4- "How Do I Live" - LeAnn Rimes (1997)


3- "Smooth" - Santana featuring Rob Thomas (1999)


2- "Mack the Knife" - Bobby Darin (1959)


1- "The Twist" - Chubby Checker (1960)


Click here for 20 - 11

No comments:

Post a Comment