Thursday, December 28, 2017

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE SONGS of 2017

With the year 2017 coming to a close and the Billboard calendar having ended last week, it's that time of year to dive into the end of year lists. Last week I revealed the top 10 most popular songs of 2017 based on my own personal system of following the Billboard charts. This week I reveal to you my personal favorite songs of 2017. There's no real science to this. I didn't do a deep examination of how well constructed the songs are musically or how well written the songs are lyrically in order to create this list. These are simply the songs I enjoyed most or the songs that made the biggest impact on me emotionally. The only two requirements I have for this list is that each song had to debut on the Billboard Hot 100 during the calendar year of 2017 and it had to be a fairly recent song. I don't have a set in stone cut-off date for the latter, but I simply say within reason. "Felix Navidad" by Jose Feliciano, "A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams and "Last Christmas" by Wham! all debuted on the charts this year. But I considered them too old to qualify, so I didn't include them. Most of the rest were fair game in my book, though. Since there were a lot of good songs to pick from, you can call these the best of the best.

10-  "Human" - Rag'n'Bone Man 


9- "Green Light" - Lorde 


8- "It Ain't My Fault" - Brothers Osborne


7- "It Ain't Me" - Kygo & Selena Gomez


6- "Praying" - Kesha


5- "Malibu" - Miley Cyrus


4- "Too Good at Goodbyes" - Sam Smith 


3- "Supermarket Flowers" - Ed Sheeran 


2- "Castle on the Hill" - Ed Sheeran 


1- "Liability" - Lorde


1 comment:

  1. 11- "Chained to the Rhythm" - Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley
    12- "Something Just Like This" - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
    13- "Wolves" - Selena Gomez & Marshmello
    14- "Feel It Still" - Portugal. The Man
    15- "Scared to Be Lonely" - Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa
    16- "My Old Man" - Zac Brown Band
    17- "Ask Me How I Know" - Garth Brooks
    18- "Tin Man" - Miranda Lambert
    19- "Boy" - Lee Brice
    20- "What About Us" - P!nk

    ReplyDelete