Monday, January 8, 2018

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE EDM Songs of 2017

Last year as a part of my end of year music lists, I decided to add in my favorite EDM songs of the year. I follow the EDM charts just as often as I do the regular Hot 100 since it is my favorite genre, so why not throw together a list of my favorites from that chart? Even though that list didn't get as much attention as the other lists I had done, I had so much fun putting it together and looking back on it throughout the year that I had to do it again this year. So here we are. My personal favorite EDM songs of 2017. To be eligible for this list, the songs had to debut on Billboard's Hot Dance/Electronic charts during 2017. Like with my favorite songs of the year, the songs also had to be fairly new songs as well. Within reason. A remix of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" debuted this year around Halloween. I didn't count that. And I also didn't count all of Lady Gaga's music that debuted on the EDM charts after her Super Bowl halftime performance. My hope here, since you may not have heard many of these, is that you actually take the time to listen to these songs instead of just looking at the title. In addition, feel free to check out my list of most popular and personal favorite songs in the recent blog archives if you missed them and look forward to my least favorite songs coming soon!

10- "Light Beams" - Extasia & Zach Adams featuring Rony G


9- "Scared to be Lonely" - Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa


8- "Wolves" - Selena Gomez & Marshmello


7- "Something Just Like This" - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay


6- "Shooting Stars" - Bag Raiders


5- "It Ain't Me" - Kygo & Selena Gomez


4- "Sound of Walking Away" - Illenium & Kerli


3- "Speakerbox (F8 Remix)" - Bassnectar featuring Ohana Bam & Lafa Taylor


2- "Symphony" - Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson


1- "Recovery" - Kristii



1 comment:

  1. Honorable mentions:

    11- "Nothing to Lose" - VASSY
    12- "California Sun" - FENIX & Lisa Williams
    13- "Kids in Love" - Kygo featuring The Night Game
    14- "On My Way" - Tiësto featuring Bright Sparks
    15- "The Spectre" - Alan Walker
    16- "Tired" - Alan Walker featuring Gavin James
    17- "Testify!" - HiFi Sean featuring Crystal Waters
    18- "Higher Ground" - ODESZA featuring Naomi Wild
    19- "Leaving" - Illenium
    20- "Dreamer" - Axwell Ʌ Ingrosso featuring Trevor Guthrie

    ReplyDelete