Monday, November 9, 2015

Top 100 MOST POPULAR Songs of the 1970's: 100 - 91

We've now gone through every year of the 1970's and so now it is time to count down the top 100 songs of the entire 1970's. I'll be doing this over the course of the next 10 days, revealing the list 10 songs at a time, starting here with 100 - 91. If you are new this week, I had a goal recently to determine what the top songs of all time where based on a formula that I came up with to keep track of the Billboard charts. I went through each year of the charts week by week giving points to the songs that made the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. As pertaining to this decade list, there are a lot of songs whose runs spanned between two years, thus they get short-changed on my yearly lists because I go by calendar year only there. This is made up for in this decade list as I took into account their entire run, which includes the songs whose runs spanned two decades. I include their entire run in the decade where they made the biggest impact. There are links at the bottom of each section that will make it easy for you to browse through the whole list or you can just use the blog archive on the side. Without further ado, let's get this started and see how all these 70's tunes stack up!

100- "Someday We'll Be Together" - Diana Ross & The Supremes

99- "I'll Take You There" - The Staple Singers

98- "Grease" - Frankie Valli

97- "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" - Diana Ross

96- "War" - Edwin Star

95- "Don't Leave Me This Way" - Thelma Houston

94- "The Love You Save/I Found That Girl" - Jackson 5

93- "I Can See Clearly Now" - Johnny Nash

92- "We've Only Just Begun" - Carpenters

91- "One of These Nights" - Eagles

Click here for 90 - 81

No comments:

Post a Comment