Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top 100 MOST POPULAR Songs of the 1970's: 90 - 81

The 70's countdown continues today with 90 - 81! Click here for 100 - 91 to start at the top of this list if you haven't seen it yet. You'll also be able to browse through the whole list by using the links at the bottom of each post or you can use the blog archive on the side. If you are new this week, I had a goal recently to determine what the top songs of all time where based on a formula that I came up with to keep track of the Billboard charts. I went through each year of the charts week by week giving points to the songs that made the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. As pertaining to this decade list, there are a lot of songs whose runs spanned between two years, thus they get short-changed on my yearly lists because I go by calendar year only there. This is made up for in this decade list as I took into account their entire run, which includes the songs whose runs spanned two decades. I include their entire run in the decade where they made the biggest impact. Without further ado, it's time to now check out these next 10 entries on this list!

90- "Make it With You" - Bread

89- "That's the Way (I Like It)" - KC and The Sunshine Band

88- "Me and Mrs. Jones" - Billy Paul

87- "Lay Down Sally" - Eric Clapton

86- "I Gotcha" - Joe Tex

85- "I Want You Back" - Jackson 5

84- "Tragedy" - Bee Gees

83- "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)" - The Temptations

82- "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves" - Cher

81- "Crocodile Rock" - Elton John

Click here for 100 -91
Click here for 80 - 71

No comments:

Post a Comment