Monday, December 19, 2016

Top 10 MOST POPULAR Songs of 2016

The final week of Billboard charts for 2016 has been released and that means it's time to dive into the top 10 most popular songs of this year! Billboard released their own version of this earlier this month and in case you are wondering, there are three reasons why my list will be different than there's: 1- they have actual chart points; 2- they keep track of the whole Hot 100; 3- Their tracking year is from December through November so that they can release the end of year charts a month early. So yeah, just another reminder that my goal was never to replicate their charts. It's to figure out the top songs with my own system. If you're new this week, each week this year I gave points to the songs that made the top 10. The No. 1 song received 10 points, the No. 2 song received nine points, all the way down to the No. 10 song receiving one point. The reason I didn't do the whole Hot 100 that way is because that would've take more time than I cared to spend. I've now done all previous years that the Billboard Hot 100 has been around, so if you want to check out those, you can start with my links on the bottom or you browse through the archive on the right. Next week I'll release my favorite songs from this year, but for now, here's the most popular songs of this year!

10- "Sorry" - Justin Bieber



9- "Can't Stop the Feeling!" - Justin Timberlake



8- "Don't Let Me Down" - The Chainsmokers featuring Daya



7- "Cheap Thrills" - Sia featuring Sean Paul



6- "Panda" - Desiigner



5- "Heathens" - twenty one pilots



4- "Work" - Rihanna featuring Drake



3- "Love Yourself" - Justin Bieber



2- "One Dance" - Drake featuring WizKid & Kyla



1- "Closer" - The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey



Click here to see the top songs of 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment