Friday, May 12, 2017

Top 100 MOST POPULAR Songs of All-Time: 30 - 21 (as of 2016)

Two years ago I started a journey to determine what the most popular songs of all-time were based on my own personal system. This is that list. In the first post in this countdown, I explained this project in depth, so if you missed that, I have that linked right there at the beginning of this sentence. The short version is that I went back to the very first week of the charts in August 1958 and went week by week giving points to the songs that made the top 10. After finishing that, I posted the top 10 songs of each year one week at a time until we've now arrived at the point where it's time to reveal this final list. If you missed any of this, you can check it out in the blog archive on the right. This may not be the perfect system, but it's taught me a lot about the history of the Billboard charts, so I have no regrets and I hope you've enjoyed the ride. As pertaining to this list, I did do some adjusting because music and the way we listen to it is always changing and thus Billboard is constantly updated their formula. If I didn't adjust, then almost all songs on this list would be post-1991 and that would be lame. With all that out of the way, let's now look at the next 10 entries in this countdown. Links are at the bottom if you missed any previous part of the countdown.

30- "I Love Rock 'N Roll" - Joan Jett and The Blackhearts (1982)


29- "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas (2009)


28- "I'll Make Love to You" - Boyz II Men (1994)


27- "The Theme from 'A Summer Place'" - Percy Faith and His Orchestra (1960)


26- "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)" - Los del Rio (1996)


25- "Somebody that I Used to Know" - Gotye featuring Kimbra (2012)


24- "Yeah!" - Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris (2004)


23- "Say Say Say" - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson (1983)


22- "Tossin' and Turnin'" - Bobby Lewis (1961) 


21- "I Want to Hold Your Hand" - The Beatles (1964)


Click here for 40 - 31
Click here for 20 - 11

No comments:

Post a Comment