Monday, April 27, 2020

Top 100 MOST POPULAR Songs of the 2010s: 100 - 81

As we move forward into this new decade, there's a lot of uncertainty in regards to what I want to do with this music blog. That said, I didn't want to pass on the opportunity of posting my list of the top 100 most popular songs of the 2010s. This is a capstone, if you will, to what I've spent a good portion of the past decade doing. I started back at the beginning of the Hot 100 in 1958 and went through each year, giving points based on performance in the top 10. Then I posted the results on this blog for each year and each decade, which was followed by me revealing the ultimate goal of posting the most popular songs of all-time, based on my personal tracking. If you're new, you can dig through the archives on the right and find all of that. However, this all felt incomplete without the 2010s being finished. I had to wait a few months for a few songs to finish their runs in the top 10, but now I'm able to final post the results. This gives us all a chance to reflect on all that the world of music brought us this past decade.

A few quick notes in regards to my methodology. Yes, this is a tracking of just the top 10. I recently came up with an expanded tracking system that I think is ultimately more accurate, but I will use that moving forward through this new decade and have not retroactively applied that to previous years as of yet. No, I don't have access to official chart points that Billboard uses, so I created my own simple system where the No. 1 song gets 10 points, with a one-point sliding scale for the rest of the top 10. In regards to songs whose runs were split between two decades, I've included their entire run into the decade where they got the most points. So you'll see some songs from 2009 in this list because they had more points in 2010. There's also a few songs released in 2019, like "Circles" by Post Malone, that aren't here because they got more points in 2020. I waited a few months to post this to specifically determine those cases. Finally, I decided to weight this decade differently. In 2013, Billboard implement YouTube into their streaming tracking. That made a significant difference in the staying power of songs on the charts, so 2010-2012 are weighted slightly different than 2013-2019 in this post. With all of that out of the way, I have this split into five sections. Here's part one!

100- "The Monster" - Eminem featuring Rihanna


99- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum

98- "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" - Kelly Clarkson


97- "Watch Me" - Silento 


96- "Black Beatles" - Rae Sremmurd featuring Gucci Mane


95- "I'm the One" - DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne


94- "Wow." - Post Malone


93- "Rude" - MAGIC!


92- "Wrecking Ball" - Miley Cyrus 


91- "Don't Let Me Down" - The Chainsmokers featuring Daya


90- "Problem" - Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea


89- "Cheap Thrills" - Sia featuring Sean Paul


88- "Bad and Boujee" - Migos featuring Lil Uzi Vert


87- "Panda" - Desiigner


86- "Break Your Heart" - Taio Cruz featuring Ludacris


85- "Cheerleader" - OMI


84- "In My Feelings" - Drake


83- "Talk Dirty" - Jason Derulo featuring 2 Chainz


82- "Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat Ray Dalton)


81- "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment