Monday, September 19, 2016

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Songs of 2011

Last week we took a look at the most popular songs of 2011 and thus now it's time for me to reveal my personal favorite songs of 2011. As I mentioned earlier, I'm doing things a bit different with this decade. I don't want to reveal the final results of this billboard project until 2016 is over so that I can have the most up-to-date version of my list of most popular songs of all time. Thus I'm spacing things out instead of revealing 2010 to 2015 in consecutive weeks and then doing nothing for three months. In the meantime, I will take advantage of the opportunity to reveal my top 10 favorite songs of each year in addition to the most popular songs of the year. In terms of what's eligible for this list, it's not the songs that were most popular during this year or the songs that were released this year. It's the songs that debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 during the calendar year. With some songs that's all the same year. But many songs that's either two or three different years. And I'm not limiting myself to the songs that made the top 10 like I do with my favorite "hits" of each decade lists. Any song that showed up on the Hot 100 is eligible, even if it was only there for a week. Which in this case means there were 471 songs to choose from. And a lot of them were really good. I hope you enjoy!

10- "Ships in the Night" - Mat Kearney


9- "The Cave" - Mumford & Sons


8- "Arms" - Christina Perri


7- "Paradise" - Coldplay


6- "A Thousand Years" - Christina Perri


5- "Set Fire to the Rain" - Adele


4- "Lights" - Ellie Goulding


3- "What the Water Gave Me" - Florence + The Machine


2- "Sail" - AWOLNATION


1- "Titanium" - David Guetta featuring Sia



Click here to see my favorite songs of 2010
Click here to see my favorite songs of 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment