Monday, December 26, 2016

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Songs of 2016

The year 2016 is coming to an end and since the Billboard charts are a week ahead of the rest of the world as pertaining the end of the year, last week I revealed the top 10 most popular songs of 2016. This week it's time to give you my personal favorite songs of 2016. The last few months, as I've been revealing my personal favorite songs of each year from this decade, I've been saying that eligible are any songs that debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 during the calendar year (not just songs that reached the top 10 like my favorite hits lists) as opposed to songs that were released during the year or were popular on the charts during the year. And while I'm still holding to that, I snagged a loophole with that system as Leonard Cohen's classic song "Hallelujah" from 1984 debuted on the charts for the first time following his passing. So I'm adding that the song has to have been released within the last few years. I don't know exactly when that cutoff is, but 1984 is beyond that. So that song sadly won't be on here. But recent covers of the song that charted are totally legit. With that out of the way, let's begin!

10- "Lush Life" - Zara Larsson


9- "Alone" - Marshmello


8- "True Colors" - Zedd & Kesha


7- "False Alarm" - The Weeknd


6- "Hallelujah" - Lindsey Stirling 


5- "Faded" - Alan Walker


4- "Til it Happens to You" - Lady Gaga


3- "Blackstar" - David Bowie


2- "The Sound of Silence" - Disturbed


1- "Lazarus" - David Bowie


Click here to see my favorite songs of 2015
Click here to see my least favorite songs of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment