Monday, August 24, 2015

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Hits of the 1960's

I have now finished everything I have on the 1960's. I have posted the top 10 songs from each year as well as a huge list of the top 100 songs of the entire decade. I won't post links to those here, but if you want to see them, check out the blog archive on the right. Before I dive into the 1970's, though, I wanted to finish the 1960's off in a fun way. After I post a list of the most popular songs of the year or the decade, a comment question that is presented to me is what are MY favorite songs of the year or decade? So that's what I'm doing here. I gave you the popular songs of the 60's. Now I'm giving you my personal favorites. However, you'll notice the careful wording in the title. I use the wording "Top 10 FAVORITE Hits" instead of "Top 10 FAVORITE Songs." I do so because with this list, I limited myself to songs in the 60's that made it onto the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. My reasoning for this is that I did not look at every song that made it into the whole Hot 100 nor have I listened to every song that was written and released in the 1960's, so I don't consider myself a fair judge of that. Thus is why I'm sticking to the top 10 only for this list. But there were over 1,000 songs that made it into the top 10 in the 60's, so it's still a very large pool to pick from, making it so that this was really hard. I hope you enjoy it! Next week we will be looking at the top songs of 1970, so stay tuned for that.

10- "Monster Mash" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers

9- "The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)" - The Tokens

8- "Downtown" - Petula Clark

7- "Born to Be Wild" - Steppenwolf

6- "Good Vibrations" - The Beach Boys

5- "The Sound of Silence" - Simon & Garfunkel

4- "Hello, I Love You" - The Doors

3- "I'm a Believer" - The Monkees

2- "Happy Together" - The Turtles

1- "The Boxer" - Simon & Garfunkel

Click here to see my favorite hits of the 2000's

No comments:

Post a Comment