Tuesday, February 23, 2016

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Hits of the 1980's

This past week I have finished revealing my list of the top 100 most popular songs of the 1980's. If you haven't seen any of that, click here to start the countdown. In this ongoing Billboard project, I've noticed that when I post a list of the most popular songs of a certain year or decade, people often get curious to know what my personal favorite songs are from that year or decade. Because I do enjoy creating lists of my personal favorite songs, every time I've wrapped up a decade in this project, I've topped it off by posting a list of my top 10 favorite hits from that decade. As I've now finished revealing the most popular songs from the 1980's, it's now time to give you my personal favorite hits from this decade. I use the word "hits" because I've decided that my parameters for this list is that a song had to make the top 10 of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in order to be considered. While that eliminates a lot of great songs, like "Pride" by U2 (peaked at #33 in the U.S.), it makes it easier because there were a lot of songs released in the 80's. But even with that limitation, this was incredibly hard for me. I spent a long time looking at titles, listening to songs, ranking, re-ranking, and listening again before I came up with a group of 10 that I felt comfortable with. But here it is! I hope you enjoy! And feel free to tell me your favorite songs from the 1980's after seeing what mine are!

10- "Rock Me Amadeus" - Falco


9- "Shout" - Tears for Fears


8- "Livin' On a Prayer" - Bon Jovi


7- "Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor


6- "Lean On Me" - Club Nouveau


5- "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" - Journey


4- "Take On Me" - a-ha


3- "99 Luftballons" - Nena


2- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" - Eurythmics


1-"Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey



Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1960's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1970's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1990's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 2000's

Click here to see my favorite hits of all-time

No comments:

Post a Comment