Tuesday, November 24, 2015

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Hits of the 1970's

This past week I finished revealing my top 100 most popular songs of the 1970's. I got a good number of views for the posts from 100 - 11, but a surprisingly few amount people looked at the actual top 10 most popular songs of the 1970's, so if you are one of those people who haven't, go check that out! Before I move onto the 1980's next week, it's time to stop for a moment and share my top 10 personal favorite hits from the 1970's. I'm surprised by how many people are still confused with this project. If it says "MOST POPULAR" at the top of the list, that's the most popular songs of that year/decade based on Billboard chart performance. I went through the whole Billboard Hot 100 from 1958 to now to figure those lists out, assigning points to the songs each week. If it says "FAVORITE" at the top, that's my own personal favorite songs. That should be a simple distinction, so don't let yourself get confused. This here is a list of my favorite hits from the 1970's. You'll notice I use the word "hits" with this. That's because, for various reasons, I decided to limit myself to songs that made it into the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 at some point during the decade. I hope you enjoy!

10- "Popcorn" - Hot Butter

9- "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor

8- "Y.M.C.A." - Village People

7- "American Pie (Parts I & II)" - Don McLean

6- "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

5- "Gonna Fly Now" - Bill Conti

4- "Star Wars (Main Title)" - London Symphony Orchestra

3- "Stayin' Alive" - Bee Gees

2- "Dream On" - Aerosmith

1- "Bridge Over Troubled Water" - Simon & Garfunkle

Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1960's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1980's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1990's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 2000's
Click here to see my favorite hits of all-time

No comments:

Post a Comment