Monday, May 23, 2016

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Hits of the 1990's

This past week I have finished revealing my list of the top 100 most popular songs of the 1990's. If you didn't see that list, click here to start the countdown. As has been customary with this Billboard project, now that I have finished revealing to you most popular songs of the 90's, it's time to give you my list of personal favorite hits from the 90's! I still sometimes get people who are confused with what this project is. If you're one of these, I'd encourage you to look closely at the title of each post and differentiate between "MOST POPULAR" and "FAVORITE." I don't mean to be condescending with that comment, but this should be a lot simpler of an idea than some have made it out to be. As this title says "FAVORITE," that means I'm revealing my favorite hits from the 90's. I use the word "hits" because I've decided that my parameters for this list is that a song had to make the top 10 of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in order to be considered. That narrows my pool to a specific group of songs to choose from instead of choosing from every song ever released in the 90's. Even with that restriction, there was still 681 songs to choose from, meaning that this was still a difficult list to make. Once you've looked at my list, my challenge to you is for you to create your own list of favorite 90's songs, using whatever parameters you choose. Enjoy!

10- "Angel" - Sarah McLachlan


9- "Blaze of Glory" - Jon Bon Jovi


8- "One Week" - Barenaked Ladies


7- "The Sign" - Ace of Base


6- "Livin' La Vida Loca" - Ricky Martin


5- "Believe" - Cher


4- "Iris" - Goo Goo Dolls


3- "Another Night" - Real McCoy


2- "Gangsta's Paradise" - Coolio featuring L.V.


1 - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana

Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1960's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1970's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1980's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 2000's
Click here to see my favorite hits of all-time

No comments:

Post a Comment