Monday, August 22, 2016

DrogeMiester's Top 10 FAVORITE Hits of the 2000's

This past week I have finished revealing my list of the top 100 most popular songs of the 2000's. If you didn't see that list, click here to start the countdown. With this Billboard project, every time that I have finished counting down the top songs of each decade, I have enjoyed topping things off by giving you my list of favorite hits from that decade. Personally I was somewhat displeased with how the 2000's turned out. There was a lot of great music that was written during this decade, but the songs that rose to the top of the Billboard charts overall were a huge dip in quality when compared to every previous decade. Thus this specific list of personal favorites found me digging deeper to find the songs that deserved more attention than they got. However, note the word "hits" in the title of this post. I use that wording because my parameters here are that a song had to make the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 in order to be considered. That narrows my pool from every song released to the 590 songs that made the top 10. Still a difficult ranking process, but much simpler than it could've been. Once you've gone through this, I challenge you to create and share your own list of personal favorite songs from this decade, using whatever parameters you choose. Enjoy!

10- "Kryptonite" - 3 Doors Down


9- "Everytime We Touch Touch" - Cascada


8- "It's My Life" - No Doubt


7- "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - Green Day


6- "What I've Done" - Linkin Park


5- "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" - Eiffel 65


4- "In the End" - Linkin Park


3- "Lose Yourself" - Eminem


2- "Bring Me to Life" - Evanescence featuring Paul McCoy


1- "My Immortal" - Evanescence



Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1960's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1970's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1980's
Click here to see my favorite hits of the 1990's
Click here to see my favorite hits of all-time

No comments:

Post a Comment