Monday, December 30, 2019

DrogeMiester's Top 10 LEAST FAVORITE Songs of 2019

In 2018, the Billboard charts nearly broke me. I had previously committed to covering every new song that debuted on the Hot 100, but given the huge amount of filth that kept flooding in, I came close to giving up on this particular blog as a whole because it didn't seem worth it. Instead, though, I decided to simply be more selective with what I cover. I no longer covered every song that debuted. Just the ones I felt like covering. After a whole year of this in 2019, I've received zero complaints, saved a lot of time, and had no decrease in viewership. It's been quite satisfying. However, that made the prospect of creating a least favorite songs of the year list quite tricky since I skipped a grand total of 244 of this year's 516 songs. And no way was I going to go back through them all. So I had a bit of a stroke of genius. I normally don't care to implement Billboard's official year end list, but for the sake of this list, I'm doing just that. But with my own little twist. In order to qualify for making this list, a song had to show up on Billboard's year end Hot 100 AND debut on the charts in 2019. That narrowed my field from over 250 songs down to about 30, which is a lot more manageable in my book. Thus I spent an evening going through all of those and this is what I came up with.

10- "Thotiana" - Blueface


9- "boyfriend" - Ariana Grande & Social House


8- "7 rings" - Ariana Grande


7- "Pop Out" - Polo G featuring Lil Tjay 


6- "Clout" - Offset featuring Cardi B


5- "Cash S---" - Megan Thee Stallion featuring DaBaby


4- "Shotta Flow" - NLE Choppa


3- "Pure Water" - Mustard & Migos


2- "Act Up" - City Girls


1- "Baby" - Lil Baby & DaBaby

No comments:

Post a Comment